(ATEX) inspection - electric installation
For safety reasons, in areas with a risk of explosion, it is essential that the correct equipment has been chosen, and at least as important that this specific equipment is also properly assembled and connected. In addition, it is important that the special characteristics of the equipment deployed in an explosion-proof manner will be maintained throughout the life of these installations. This concerns the control of conditions in an explosive atmosphere, in situations where it is not possible to eliminate the risk of explosion by replacing substances.
The purpose of the initial inspection prior to the first commissioning of the electrical installation and the chosen equipment in hazardous areas is to check compliance with the technical requirements and safety regulations, as well as the prevention of gas and dust explosions.
During an initial inspection, the newly installed explosion-proof equipment in a zoned area is inspected in accordance with AREI regulations prior to its first commissioning.
During the first detailed inspection of the electrical installation, it will be checked:
- whether the chosen protection method corresponds to the danger zone;
- whether the installation method of the equipment and pipes used is correct;
- whether the intrinsically safe power chains have been properly installed;
- whether the documentation and certificates are present and complete;
- whether unauthorised changes have been made;
- on identification of the power supply chain of the equipment and the legibility of inscriptions;
- on overload protection;
- on the sealing of cable ducts, shafts, pipes, installation pipes, etc.;
- on earthing connections and additional settlement;
- on the separation between intrinsically safe power chains and non-intrinsically safe power chains;
- whether the zoning plan is compliant.
For additional information about our services and the possibilities, please call us on +31 88 4505720.