Demand for gas and increasing interest in renewables is breathing new life into traditional offshore and marine energy markets. Bureau Veritas helps clients to achieve safe construction and operation, whilst ensuring cost-effective and sustainable production.
INNOVATING SAFELY, MANAGING ASSETS EFFICIENTLY
Offshore actors demand flexible solutions alongside technical expertise. Driven by the need to supply sustainable and environmental-friendly energy, engineering companies, manufacturers and operators must develop innovative and cost-effective solutions. While safety of people and environment remains the industry’s top priority, it is vital to reduce lifecycle cost and maximise the availability of assets in order to make oil, gas or electricity affordable worldwide.
HOW WE SUPPORT YOU
We work closely with clients to class and certify any asset within an offshore field or farm, supporting offshore actors to improve safety, optimise costs throughout their assets’ lifecycle and reduce risks during operations. By investing in R&D and developing new standards, we also promote the business model and performance of marine renewable energy projects.
- Supporting innovative designs and technologies Bureau Veritas supports clients in developing new designs that save time and money - always targetting the best performance and quality for their assets. We provide Approval in Principle, certification and classification of new designs, as well as qualification of new technologies.
- Supporting development of LNG projects Bureau Veritas is the leader in FSRU classification. Our dedicated classification rules detail requirements to address FSRU technical and operational aspects.
- Subsea At the cutting edge of innovation, we work to qualify new subsea technologies by conducting design reviews and providing qualification of new technology and Approvals in Principle. We also deliver type approval certificate for Subsea Umbilical, Risers and Flowlines for a wide range of offshore use.
- Decommissioning As complete compliance partners, our expert team supports operators at every phase of decommissioning — from portfolio planning through to safe asset decommissioning programming and in-field delivery.
- Safety and compliance Our Independent Verification Body (IVB) services experts work on some of the industry’s most complex projects, ensuring safety and compliance on all types of offshore units.